During your color session, your design consultant will review your home plan, talk about choices and upgrades and assist you in selecting your cabinets, backsplash, flooring, interior paint color, exterior paint color, bathroom tiles, pavers, fixtures and shingles.*
After the meeting, any upgrades and/or cost estimates will be provided by your design consultant for approval. Once the choices have been finalized, the designer will submit your selections to the appropriate subcontractors to begin the personalization on your home and the sales associate will follow up with an addendum should there be any upgrades.
*Available choices will depend on your homes stage of construction
Preparing for your appointment
- Make your appointment as soon as you can. Construction and finishing can progress very quickly, so you’ll need to plan ahead to meet your design deadlines.
- Bring along any decorating ideas, images, fabrics, paint samples that might help in choosing your finishes while reflecting your style.
- Think about how you plan on using each of your rooms.
- Create a list of “must-haves” in your new home
- Bring your camera (or camera phone). Capture photos of your selection to help when you’re shopping later on.
- Make sure the final decision-maker is at your appointment. If you and your co-buyer want to make decisions as a team, you both need to be there.
- Minimize distractions. Officially block off your time so co-workers, kids, and others know you’re busy. Arrange for daycare (including doggie day care) as needed.
- Get excited cause this will be fun!