Shimberg Homes brings the location, quality and value to our homeowners in the Ballast Point Community. Ballast Point is a historic, scenic and ‘on the move’ neighborhood. Situated on the East coast of Tampa Bay, deemed ‘South Tampa’s Hidden Treasure’, this neighborhood is canopied by mature Oak Trees with easy access to downtown Tampa, Ybor City and Channelside. Ballast Point offers two spectacular parks with Ballast Point Park offering waterfront views, a fishing pier and boat ramp as well as Ballast Point Elementary receiving a state grade of “A”, the highest score possible in state school evaluations.
- Street configuration that is resident-friendly and discourages traffic
- Mature trees, most notably Live Oaks
- Two city parks, one situated on the waterfront
- Ballast Point Elementary
- Ballast Point Park offers a 600’ fishing pier, splash park for kids, large playground areas, shade trees and picnic areas in addition to a boat ramp and dock
- The Ballast Point neighborhood is an official City of Tampa Neighborhood